PRESS RELEASE: Asmodee Digital Brings The Lord of the Rings: Adventure Card Game to Consoles and PC on August 8th, 2019
Exclusive Trailer Showcased During Microsoft’s Inside Xbox Pre-E3 Event
PARIS – June 10, 2019 – Asmodee Digital, a leader in digital board game entertainment, is pleased to announce The Lord of the Rings: Adventure Card Game will be released on consoles on August 8th, 2019.
The first adventure card game set in the quintessential fantasy world of J.R.R.Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings: Adventure Card Game offers solo and cooperative adventures based on card battles. The game combines a strong immersive narrative experience with in-depth strategic challenges that will put players’ tactics to the test.
- Adventure card gaming: Players can experience the only solo card card game that puts them in the shoes of an adventurer in Middle-earth. They will craft their own stories in the rich world of Tolkien by engaging in solo card-based battles or in collaborative campaigns with a friend in co-op mode.
- A new story in Middle-earth: Gamers can craft and discover new stories in the world depicted in J.R.R. Tolkien’s books. They can build a fellowship of heroes from some of the most iconic characters and wage battle in the most famous locations of the Third Age of Middle-earth.
- A unique way of delivering new content: Players can obtain boosters that provide both new cards and new solo quests to play them in, forging their adventures in Middle-earth.
- Unique game mechanics: Players build a deck of 3 heroes and challenge themselves along with friends to complete quests & defeat the forces of Sauron. They can use will points to solve quests and progress in their story. Growing their Fate Pool will allow them to trigger contextual abilities during battle, while Sauron is also growing a Threat Pool to throw up roadblocks at their strategies.
Thanks to the feedback provided by players during its Early Access phase, The Lord of the Rings: Adventure Card Game features a finely tuned UI, tutorial, as well as refined gameplay mechanics. Staying true to the J.R.R. Tolkien universe and inspired by the physical card game, Asmodee Digital will welcome players to live the most immersive, yet challenging, adventures in Middle-earth.
Facts & figures
- More than 150 cards to play with.
- 20 planned heroes to combine in your fellowship.
- 3 campaigns for +35 hours of gameplay.
- Additional campaigns to be released post-launch.
- 2 Free Encounters available and additional Encounters to be released post-launch.
- The premiere trailer was featured during Microsoft’s pre-E3 Inside Xbox event, and can be viewed here.
The Lord of the Rings: Adventure Card Game will be available on August 8th on the Xbox One family of devices, PC (Steam), Sony PlayStation®4 and Nintendo Switch™.
The Lord of the Rings: Adventure Card Game will be featured in the growing library of great games with Xbox Game Pass, along with other acclaimed Asmodee Digital titles, Pandemic and Munchkin.
For more information about the game, feel free to visit: